Officers & Staff
Becoming A Member
Books & Items for Sale
Post Office History
Dec. 17, 2013,
at 6:00 p.m.
808 South Baker Street, Mountain Home, AR
Christmas Potluck Dinner and Election of Officers
The Heritage Center is open on Tuesday and Thursday from Noon to 4:00 p.m. Appointments can also be made for different days and/or times.
For your holiday shopping, the Heritage Center will be open Saturday, December 14th and December 21st from Noon to 4:00 p.m. [Due to weather conditions, we will not be open on Saturday, December 7th.]
Purchases, membership dues, and/or donations made
online from our website can now be paid via PayPal.
South Side of the Mountain Home Square - 1949
Welcome to the Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society web site. We invite you to take a look around our site and find out more about our Organization and the history of Baxter County.
The above photo is the south side of the courthouse square in Mountain Home, taken by local photographer John I. Barron in 1949. In addition to the period automobiles, notice that nearly all the parking spaces are occupied -- probably taken on a Saturday.
Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Join Us on Facebook
We appreciate our Sponsors:
- Arkansas Gravestones Project, digitally recording every gravestone in Arkansas.
- First Community Bank, where Community comes first.
- Mountain Home Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #45, supporting our Community.
- Jennifer Baker, Alderwoman, Mountain Home City Council.
- Bashan Bradbury, for all your real estate needs.
- Jeff Lewis, Recorder-Treasurer, City of Gassville.
- Rod Soubers, Historian and Archivist for BCH&GS.