Officers & Staff
Becoming A Member
Books & Items for Sale
Tuesday, May 28, 2013, at 6:00 p.m.
Donald W. Reynolds Library
Guest Speaker is Bob Ketchum talking about Blackberry Hill Lodge and life here in the 1950s.
The Heritage Center is open Tuesday and Thursday from Noon to 4:00 p.m. and on Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Appointments can also be made for different days and/or times.
South Side of the Mountain Home Square - 1949
Welcome to the Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society web site. We invite you to take a look around our site and find out more about our Organization and the history of Baxter County.
The above photo is the south side of the courthouse square in Mountain Home, taken by local photographer John I. Barron in 1949. In addition to the period automobiles, notice that nearly all the parking spaces are occupied -- probably taken on a Saturday.
Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Join Us on Facebook
We appreciate our Sponsors:
- Arkansas Gravestones Project, digitally recording every gravestone in Arkansas.
- First Community Bank, where Community comes first.
- Mountain Home Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #45, supporting our Community.
- Jennifer Baker, Alderwoman, Mountain Home City Council.
- Bashan Bradbury, for all your real estate needs.
- Rod Soubers, Historian and Archivist for BCH&GS.