Officers & Staff
Becoming A Member
Books & Items for Sale
Post Office History
March 25, 2014,
at 6:00 p.m.
Donald W. Reynolds Library,
300 Library Hill, Mountain Home
Elizabeth Hill, Author of "A Splendid Piece of Work" (see Calendar for further details).
The Heritage Center is open on Tuesday and Thursday from Noon to 4:00 p.m. Appointments can also be made for different days and/or times.
Purchases, membership dues, and/or donations made
online from our website can now be paid via PayPal.
South Side of the Mountain Home Square - 1949
Welcome to the Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society web site. We invite you to take a look around our site and find out more about our Organization and the history of Baxter County.
The above photo is the south side of the courthouse square in Mountain Home, taken by local photographer John I. Barron in 1949. In addition to the period automobiles, notice that nearly all the parking spaces are occupied -- probably taken on a Saturday.
Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Join Us on Facebook
We appreciate our Sponsors:
- Arkansas Gravestones Project, digitally recording every gravestone in Arkansas.
- First Community Bank, where Community comes first.
- Mountain Home Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #45, supporting our Community.
- Jennifer Baker, Alderwoman, Mountain Home City Council.
- Jeff Lewis, Recorder-Treasurer, City of Gassville.
- Kathy Lueck, Owner of Accounting Matters.
- Rod Soubers, Historian and Archivist for BCH&GS.