Becoming A Member
Books & Items for Sale
Special Events Info
Post Office History
Vintage Baxter Co. Maps
October 27, 2015
at 6:00 p.m.
Donald W. Reynolds Library Serving Baxter County
300 Library Hill
Mtn. Home, AR 72653
Mark Christ re: Arkansas Civil War 101
Welcome to the Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society web site. We invite you to take a look around our site and find out more about our Organization and the history of Baxter County.
South Side of the Mountain Home Square - 1949
The above photo is the south side of the courthouse square in Mountain Home, taken by local photographer John I. Barron in 1949. In addition to the period automobiles, notice that nearly all the parking spaces are occupied -- probably taken on a Saturday.
Location and Hours: The Heritage Center is located at 808 South Baker Street in Mountain Home. Hours are Noon to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. Please contact the Heritage Center to schedule a time for different days or hours. Telephone: 870.425.2551.
Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Follow Us on Facebook
We appreciate our Sponsors:
- First Community Bank, Where Community Comes First
- Mountain Home Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #45
- The Baxter Bulletin, a Gannett Company
- David Benedict, Heritage Videos
- Jeff Lewis, Recorder-Treasurer, City of Gassville
- Jennifer Baker, Alderwoman, Mountain Home City Council
- Kathy Lueck, Owner of Accounting Matters
- Margaret Walker Dowd, Texarkana, Arkansas
- Rod Soubers, Historian and Archivist for BCH&GS
Content copyright 2009-2015, Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society.
All rights reserved.