Officers & Staff
Becoming A Member
Books & Items for Sale
Special Events Info
Post Office History
January 27, 2015
at 6:00 p.m.
Donald W. Reynolds Library Serving Baxter County
300 Library Hill
Mountain Home, AR
To be announced.
Welcome to the Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society web site. We invite you to take a look around our site and find out more about our Organization and the history of Baxter County.
South Side of the Mountain Home Square - 1949
The above photo is the south side of the courthouse square in Mountain Home, taken by local photographer John I. Barron in 1949. In addition to the period automobiles, notice that nearly all the parking spaces are occupied -- probably taken on a Saturday.
Click here to download a brochure about this Society.
Location and Hours: The Heritage Center is located at 808 South Baker Street in Mountain Home. Hours are Noon to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. Please contact the Heritage Center to schedule a time for different days or hours. Telephone: 870.425.2551.
Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Follow Us on Facebook
We appreciate our Sponsors:
- Arkansas Gravestones Project, digitally recording every gravestone in Arkansas.
- First Community Bank, where Community comes first.
- Mountain Home Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #45, supporting our Community.
- The Baxter Bulletin, serving the Twin Lakes area since 1901.
- Jennifer Baker, Alderwoman, Mountain Home City Council.
- Margaret Walker Dowd, Texarkana, Arkansas.
- Jeff Lewis, Recorder-Treasurer, City of Gassville.
- Kathy Lueck, Owner of Accounting Matters.
- Marshella Norell, H&R Block, Mountain Home and Flippin, AR.
- Rod Soubers, Historian and Archivist for BCH&GS.
Content copyright 2009-2014, Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society.
All rights reserved.